There are of course two ways to improve the bottom line on any business. You can approach it from the bottom or the top. Obviously, you will always want to be making more sales, but you can make a pretty big difference simply by saving. By spending less you make more and energy bills are constantly on the rise ahead of inflation so here are our top 5 tips for helping you keep those costs in check.
1) Power Down: Sometimes at the end of a day you just want to get out and get home. However, if you take the time to fully shut down your office, with every computer, every light switched off you will be amazed at the benefits that you will fine.
2) Invest in Infrared: You might not know about infrared heating yet but you will. Far more efficient than traditional heating methods infrared allows you heat spaces immediately and at lower temperatures because they heat you and objects around you directly. This technology is cheap to install and well worth the investment because you will be amazed by how quickly you will start to see the benefits in your quarterly bills.
3) Set Up To Stand By: Sleep mode is one of the most underrated functions you have on your office computer, simply because of the sheer amount of energy it is that you can save by using it properly. How long is your computer screen on compared to how much you use it? Is it left on all the time while you are taking your lunch? Even if it isn’t, by setting up a proper sleep mode on your office computers throughout the office will save you a really tangible amount of money over the course of a year.
4) Check Your Seals: Have a little look at the doors and windows around your building. You should arguably be doing this at home as well simply because it is so easy to make a difference just by taking note of simple maintenance issues. Drafts and breezes aren’t just frustrating, but they are always eating away at your wallet as that hot air escapes.
5) Switch to Laptops: Obviously if this doesn’t work then definitely make sure you employ the idea in number 3, but laptops are definitely the way forward from a business point of view. You might not be aware of this but your desktop will use up to 4 times as much power than the most up to date laptop. Not only that of course, you don’t need to be plugged into the mains all the time with a laptop as it has a battery so that figure could be even greater across a full day.
For more tips for keeping your office energy efficient, view the video below:
If you have some tips of your own feel free to share, comment and contact us so that we can all try and make sure that 2015 is the most green and energy efficient ever.